To contact Freehand Profit just email me at email@example.com.
Gary Lockwood (Freehand Profit)
ARTIST/DESIGNER/ILLUSTRATOR: [Hip-Hop head / sneakerhead]
“Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.” – Jay-Z
- Living in Los Angeles, CA : Milwuakee born : Northern Virgina/DMV raised.
- Corcoran graduate (2005 BFA) : Bully Breed Lover.
- Freelance designer, exhibiting artist, eternal student.
- Founding member of the Fat Chance Crew (FCC): “Flying Pigs”. STAY MUDDY, GET FLY.
- Thinks a string of facts works as a bio.
“Army of the Undeadstock” is Freehand Profit’s first book and features more than 250 pages of full color photographs showcasing his work from the past few years. Each one of the more than 30 sneaker masks featured in “Army of the Undeadstock” is accompanied by a custom crafted haiku written by San Diego poet B(e) Selah. The book also features excerpts from Freehand Profit’s blog ‘The Hip Hop Nerd’ discussing the meaning, the process and the spirit behind the work.
“I chose to balance my work with B(e) Selah’s haikus because art should be discussed at length, not explained at length. In just 17 syllables, B(e) Selah captures a few ounces of each mask. There’s also a tie to the ancientness of each art form (haiku poetry & mask making).“ - Freehand Profit
“Army of the Undeadstock” released November 28th on PROFITink.com it is now sold out in the US but can be purchased from Canada via DRUNK OFF SHOES